About Sameboat DNS
Basic knowledge of what DNS is is assumed
Domain Space provides this Major Function on a class basis to end users and Operators. An Operator is running their own TLD like my .dom with all of the facilities for this you observe here. Operators are registars in .dom, and can be their own registries if they choose.
End users only need end use of a name system, they are not selling names and are not operating as either a registrar or registry.
End User Function
These end user DNS functions are free to continuously authenticated registered real persons
- Get a zone in the .dom TLD which is not taken by another end-user or delegated to an Operator.
- Manage their zones, including non .dom ones.
- Manage DNS functions on Linux, MacOS or Windows hosts to get started using the .dom TLD or own their local DNS.
These end user DNS functions are bundled with various products and services
- Run an application such as Wordpress from your chosen domain.
- Use domain engineering functions that presume DNS ownership.
- Operate the DNS system. I have adapted the Czech national DNS (FRED) for Domain Space and each Operator account comes with a setup FRED server.
- Operators may negotiate with me a field of TLDs analogous to the situation in the public name space. From the RFC defined name space, .dom and the IANA/ICANN
spaces are subtracted to get a space of available names from which an Operator may select any single string other than forms of ".dom" as a free TLD.
- Operator level domain engineering functions as they are rolled out.
DNS Operator entitlements are basic to Developer and Operator accounts.