Domains Session Role
For the most part, your role is effectively determined by your interaction with domains, and there are just two roles to apply for, the others are assigned automatically. In addition to roles, there is a class system.
- ip-identifiedTracks ip users with access path to manually email or automatically tx approved registration with minimal privilege. Accounts not approved within the allotted time are automatically purged.
- social-networkedA lower privilege associated with registration thru a 3rd party Identity Provider (IdP). Intermediate between email verified promotion from ip-identified or anonymous and tx-identified. Same trust level as the IdP.
- tx-authenticatedA variable privilege default automatically created by a transaction such as an in-app purchase. May be limited to a particular product space or customer service group.
- developerA high privilege level that generally includes repo access.
- operatorA high privilege level that allows control of system software.
The developer, and operator roles are high privilege roles which are currently manually reviewed unless tx-authenticated as well. The other roles are initial defaults set by different automation channels.